Kaine... considers attempting to disguise himself, but decides that a costume would draw even more attention than his disfigurement, and besides, nobody really knew what he looked like, anyway. He'd once listened in on a CIA section chief lecturing a group of junior field agents for telling "campfire stories" about the "Evil Spider-Man of Medellin"; the "artist's rendition" for Interpol's Most Wanted List could have been any other middle-aged derelict. He does, at least, find another pair of cheap mirrored aviators to hide his bad eye.

He walks past the festivities a couple of times, from across the street, before heading in. He notes the obvious exits, the places where less obvious exists might be, and for the presence of any of Parker's cape friends. Besides Susan. Hope she doesn't catch the resemblance. Kaine frowns. Hope she didn't bring the hotshot, either

This is a mistake. I should just keep walking. I should keep going to Westchester, I should get that crazy swamp rat off my ass before I go borrowing any more trouble. But he remembers the vision from the rooftop. And the visions that led him to that rooftop in the first place. Please, Lord, he silently prays, Please let me do some good in this world, despite all of the evil I've already done.

With a sigh, he walks in and starts looking for Hercules.