Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
Regarding split payments. We might quibble about hours spent or material costs (or at least Shandara anyway).

But I think we can maybe look at it this way.. we should both be profiting by an equal amount. Example: if Shandara had to pay 6000 gp in magical materials, and Aiden had to pay 500 gp in terms of the wood (doubt that) and renting the tools (also I think this was free or inexpensive), then in this example, Shandara gets reinbursed the 6000 gp, and Aiden gets reinbursed the 500 gp. So they're pretty much even and we've covered the base material cost. Then, if we let the violin go for 12,000 gp,

Divide that final figure by two, getting 2750 gp. To simplify things, this is how much we add to our bank account balances.

However, just pointing out, that by the above example using material costs, it technically means Shandara is paid 8750 gp, and Aiden is paid 3250 gp. So I think it's accurate for RP reasons Shandara gets paid more. But to be fair, we both profit the same amount: 2750 gp.

Sound gucci?
Hahah,yeah, that's alright. I assumed cost of materials would be subtracted before we split the rest. For a second, I thought Shandara was going to try a "well, magic is much harder than woodworking so perhaps 60/40..." ;)