Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
Also plausible. And yeah my initial post assumed this question would at best be unanswered for awhile. It might get answered as part of thus plot point, but if not, I expect it'll be part of the big reveal a month from now (comic time)/ten years from now (real time).

I don't think Max was chosen though? Like, it's a question with Sydney's stuff cuz they're displaying an ability to recognize and differentiate valid users from non. Max was shaking a geode next to her head to hear liquid sloshing, but cracked it by accident and the space rock spilled science juice all over her. It's weird that a rock cracked that easily, but we already know it's a weird rock; unless I've missed something big, I'm pretty sure the rock is not sentient and did not choose to crack in order to empower Max.
The closest thing to a discussion about why the rock cracked when Max took it was between her and Deus here. They both assumed it was not exactly an accident, just had no idea why it happened to Max out of all the people browsing through the rocks.