Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
As they walk to the food stalls, Akiko takes a moment to walk in step with Yoshiro. “Okay, I have to ask. What are you so nervous about today Shiro-kun?”

After they part ways, Akiko is stunned to see the illusive taiyaki baker at the their school festival.

“Mrs… Kimura?” she says slowly. “You remember me? I haven’t seen you since I was like eight.”

She bows to the old woman. “Sorry, that was rude of me. Thank you very much for being here. Can I get three taiyaki please?”
Yoshiro jumps a bit at the nickname and tries to wave off any concern. "N-nervous?! It's just been forever and..." He sighs. "I don't wanna embarrass Koji. I know back in middle school it wasn't a big deal but he's a big shot here, and I don't want people to think I'm going to be a burden to him. Also, he was picking on me about doing kid stuff and telling me how girls wouldn't like it. Feels like too much change all at once, ya know?"

Later with Mrs. Kimura, she nods and smiles. "Not that long ago when you get my age, Akiko-chan. And you always tried to get a lot more of the taiyaki than you could eat too." She eyes the other stall. "Guess Koji-kun missed this stand entirely this year again."

She shook her head and chuckled. "To be fair, as many people as I see and deal with, I'd be surprised to remember a good number of them. I've actually just finished talking with Gosei-sensei about selling taiyaki in the school store. May only be on certain days, but it'll be nice as a treat for the hardworking students."

As Mrs. Kimura continues about the deal with Gosei, she wraps up three taiyaki for Akiko. "I'm glad to have been able to be here. I hope that you, Koji-kun, and his brother have a wonderful time today. And don't forget to get your fortunes read!"

Near Koji, Arata has come back with takoyaki from the stand labeled, "Weird Takoyaki". From what others know of him, this is not unusual, but you've never known him to really venture out and mess with food like that.

Spoiler: Proficiency for all to Notice
Show

Spoiler: Success!
Show
One of those takoyaki in his hands is very different. He hasn't seemed to notice it.

Spoiler: FAILURE!
Show
Seems perfectly normal for food.