Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
There's nothing "quasi-religious" about caffeine being merely an adenosine-receptor antagonist, and not a caloric source.
Point of order - coffee does contain calories. Actual coffee beans contain quite a lot of energy. Most of that doesn't make it as far as the drink, but (1) we were talking about coffee in general, not just the drink, and (2) the drink is commonly served with milk and/or sugar, which add a lot of calories.
Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
EDIT: Also, I'm not sure how "your phone's autocorrect function will create nonsense phrases like 'cabinet does it actually' when you type things that are technically true but also mostly irrelevant" is a particularly strong cautionary warning, nor an accurate one.
How about "if you had a cup of coffee, maybe you'd be alert enough to spot mistakes of that magnitude before publishing them"?
Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
Yes, but nobody drinks overheated soda, and within the last century or so they've finally gotten their act together regarding tea. It's only coffee that's served this way.
Depends where you get your coffee from, I guess. When I buy it, it's hot, sure, but not scalding, and it's drinkable within a few minutes.

But the point remains, there's nothing intrinsic to coffee that makes people serve it too hot, or drink it that way. That's 100% pure human error.