View Single Post

Thread: Cosmicsodacan's OOTS Fan Art Dump

1. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmicsodacan's OOTS Fan Art Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    It's scary, beautiful, and scarily beautiful. Well done again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Very nice work on the musculature of the upper left arm and left shgoulder, I must say! And I wouldn't have noticed the skulls on the corset if you didn't mention them, in addition to almost mistaking your signature for a magical effect, well played!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Oh I saw these on Tumblr earlier, excellent technique! I especially like the Varsuviii inspired by the board game
    Thank you's all around!

Are the rectangles in the background scenic Azure City Gobbotopia City?
    They are, yes! Cityscapes are tremendously hard--sometimes it's okay to let a shape tool do the heavy lifting for you.

Have you considered doing friendly magical Lizards? I like friendly magical lizards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    As far as suggestions go, maybe something taking place in Celestia, like Eric and Roy making their block castle, or Horace and Roy going fishing. I'd like to see those cute peaceful scene in your drawing style. Conversely, I have another, less friendly, magical lizard in mind, if you want to keep drawing vilains.
    I was going to do those friendly magical lizards that resurrected the oracle, but then uh. Classes started up again. So that sketch fell to the wayside. I might clean it up and slap some color on top sometime in the future, though? Not sure yet. As for Celestia/Malack, both of those concepts have been added to the idea pile that's been building all semester. Right now, I'm leaning toward either fishing or the block tower. I love a good family bonding scene!

And now, for the main event: a drawing that was supposed to be for New Year's. (Here's the original page.) I started this on the second-ish of January, but I've been so busy that I haven't had the time or energy to sit down and make an effort to finish it until yesterday. No Easter eggs/things of note in this one, not least of all because it is a month old and I can't stop noticing little mistakes when I look at it.

Because of how difficult it is right now for me to finish a full piece, I've been considering posting some of my less polished sketches here as well? Scraps and warmup doodles and things. Not sure about it yet.
    Last edited by cosmicsodacan; 2024-02-06 at 10:39 PM.
    Goblin wizard avatar by me. You can check out my other art in this thread or on my Tumblr!