Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
As long as you aren’t causing trouble, I can agree not to tell Spider-man—” [...] “—but as for him not finding out, I think it’s a little too late for that,” Sleeper gestured in the direction of the oncoming press “Channel 12 has been outside since before the fight broke out and they’re on a live feed.
"Son of a--" Kaine bares his fangs and for an instant looks like he might either attack the news crew or bolt for the door. Nothing you can do about it now, jackass. Pete's the least of your worries. "I can't stick around for the press. It's complicated. Cover for me?"

Sleeper made a throat-clearing noise. “Were you planning on retrieving that gentleman from the ceiling first?” He indicated the hostage still webbed to the ceiling.

Sleeper was fairly sure he could fudge a gizmo in the ‘environment suit’ to do it himself, though Sleeper also ought to be taking off before his disguise came under too much scrutiny…
"Uhh... no. Not really. About an hour until the adhesive starts to break down. Ask the fire department for a blanket? Anyway, catch up with you over one of Herc's beers?"

Kaine turns his collar up to hide his face from the news cameras and vanished through the bank's ventilation system. With any luck, Channel 12 hadn't caught a better likeness of him than SHIELD had ever managed to. Careless, stupid, sloppy, he berated himself. But at least nobody died, and Pete's goody-goody friends didn't kick my teeth in.