View Single Post

Thread: The Drow War (Epic 3.5)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default The Drow War (Epic 3.5)

I am running this game for the second time, though last time it was a gestalt PF1e game, and this time it is in the original 3.5 single track. Last time I ran this it lasted three years and the characters went from level 21 to 24, though the module takes you to level 30. Unfortunately, the prior game died a slow death in the end.

I will put the information about the module in the next day or so into this post, but basically it has been a war against the drow since level 1, so you would have an established hatred of them.

I have to warn that I am running a lot of games, so I tend to get to update them on the slow side, only every two to three days.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Published module, the third in the series, each of which covers ten levels.
    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Samduke plus three others.
    4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Forums
    5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 21
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard WBL
    7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Any official 3.5 material is allowed.
    8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Anything except drow is allowed, using normal level adjustment.
    9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Hit points are maximum.
    Attributes are 10+1d8 seven times, pick the best six rolls. Roll the whole thing twice, and take the best set.
    10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Any alignment is allowed, as long as you have a reason to fight the drow.
    11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No multiclassing penalties.
    12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I will do mine, you do yours.
    13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    One flaw for a feat. Two traits.
    ELephant in the Room rules are in effect.
    No pregame item creation. You can combine items at +50% of lesser cost as normal.
    I don't want anything cheesy. So no using efreeti to get free stat bonuses for example. The game will be low optimisation.
    14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Keep it skirt length. Have a reason to hate the drow, as the previous modules have you fighting the drow a lot.
    15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    It is a lot of combat, but a bit of a mix of all of the above, as it is a published module.
    16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Any official 3.5 material is allowed.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2024-02-05 at 08:31 AM.