View Single Post

Thread: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

1. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Cocytus doesn't wait for the body to stop twitching before he picks up the fallen orc's tremendous greatsword. Almost as an afterthought he grabs the two remaining grenades as well. His looting is interrupted by Goronglix, who engulfs the body and vanishes it within their gloopy interior. Turns out they've got, or are, a bag of holding.

"'Strewth that was fast, lads! Love to see it! But no time for looting, they're fighting me hard for control..."

They quickly lay out the situation on the next two floors, as they can discern it from communication chatter.

Spoiler: Ventilation
    Show
    An elite orc, Flamon is up there, with the remaining 2 overseers and 3 supervisors, waiting to mount a last stand. They will likely be waiting at the top of the elevator. Flamon is a melee warrior with some psionic ability:

The squids liked this guy so much they turned him into some kind of psionic ghost when he got too old. Dunno how he wound up out here, though. His luck must have changed.

Spoiler: Control Room
    Show
    The last elite orc, Oroduin, is there, with the illithid brain that controls the station. She is on standby to evacuate the brain if the others fail, using a helm of teleportation. The remaining orc technicians are there; they are not much use in a fight, but the brain won't hesitate to use them as fodder while it escapes. If it does, it will surely trigger a self-destruct.

Oroduin's a slippery character. Spy, rogue, face-changer. Tell you true, there's a bit of a chance she'll take the helm of teleportation and scarper without the brain!

"Now, we just met and I don't know what all you're here for. Me, I just want my helm and some kind of wreck to strap it to so I can bugger off back to wildspace. Maybe kill every orc who got aggressive with the ol' stun stick on my way out the door. But if you want anything from the control room, we'll have to be fast, because they don't want anybody getting their hands on that info."

"I will not suffer an elder brain to escape into the world," says Cocytus through gritted teeth. "Not if I can stop it in any way."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-31 at 03:09 PM.