View Single Post

Thread: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

1. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
    Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg grunted as he was hit with the whip; but it barely bothered him. What bothered him was the draconic spirit trapped inside the core. Almost everything else lost meaning. "FORK BE RIGHT! THAR BE A DRACONIC SPIRIT IN THIS HERE MACHINE!" He bellowed in agreement.
    "Oh, you noticed that?" the battlemage sneers. "Once she hatches she'll make a lovely host for a brainstealer, but for now, the extra power is just a bonus." She gathers a ball of arcane energy in her hands once more and considers her targets.

The overseer lashes at Ttharg ineffectually, and the glow around the cleric fades; the potential for additional damage lost. The battlemage looks at the wounded overseer and sighs. "Borgan, I knew giving you that thing would be a waste." She looks towards the humming elevator; and then with a complete disregard for her own ally, she swoops over to the catwalk and fires a beam of scintillating light in a straight line across everyone but Servius.

The Overseer crumples to the ground, smoking. The elevator keeps humming... and then the lights flicker, the axle slows and then picks back up speed -- and the hum stops. The battlemage puts a hand to her ear and barks, again, in Quaalith. She sounds a lot less smug this time.

Spoiler: Nibum
    Show
    A message spell delivers to you:

Thanks for the sanctuary, mate. Feeling much more like myself now. Part of me is still in the system so I locked things down... thought we could use a chance to catch our breath! Not that I breath...

The technicians who had just made the door pound fruitlessly; it's locked itself.

Cocytus shifts his hunter's mark and runs at the Battlemage, spitting a blast of acid as he runs that she dodges cleanly.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    ACTIONS: Overseer misses on two whip attacks.

Battlemage fires a radiant beam that hits Nibum, Triceratool, Rumble, Fork, Ttharg and the Overseer. 17 damage, DC 16 to halve. Only Nibum saves. Triceratool has resistance, and Nibum takes the same damage (Warding Bond). Cocytus and Ttharg make concentration saves.

Goronglix takes control of the station from inside and locks down the doors and elevator.

Technicians move towards the door, which is now locked. Another elite orc is trapped in the elevator.

Cocytus shifts his hunter's mark and runs the Battlemage, spitting a blast of acid as he runs that she dodges cleanly.

DAMAGE:
    Nibum - 39 damage
    Ttharg - 24 damage
    Fork - 26 damage
    Cocytus - 17 damage

Triceratool: 16 damage
    Rumble - 17 damage

Orc Battlemage - 53 damage
    Overseer - killed

INITIATIVE:
    17 - Orcs
    16 - Fork
    15 - Plasmoids
    11 - Cocytus

8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-28 at 08:53 PM.