Yeah, sorry. I've just been finding it really hard to keep interest/investment in this particular protracted battle, particularly since the ranger directly thing isn't really doing it for me in Richard's absence and it broadly ticks on without me anyway, so when my opinion is asked I sometimes miss it. I'm still interested in the game as a whole, it's just that, well...we've been in these buildings for, what, nearly half a year now and while I do like GURPS combat and this game's had some fun battles...

But yeah, that's unfair of me, bit of an a-hole move to go quiet like that. Sorry. As far as the current situation goes, it seems like sticking around up top is just asking for a war of attrition that doesn't look great for us given that, like you said, they don't seem to be running low on reinforcements. Seems to me like there are two practical choices - either we make use of the gap between reinforcements to get into the Gutter and do the damage we can before pulling out, or we just cut our losses and leave. Trying to clear the place out fully feels like a bit of a fool's errand - although on that note, I haven't been exactly keeping track of what we've got on us (minus ranger grenades and such), but do we have enough explosives with us to do some structural damage to the buildings? Making some barriers might delay any else coming long enough to make an attack on the Gutters more practical. As far as the rangers holding out above while a smaller group attacks the Gutters goes...that seems like the most practical approach, because as it stands they're doing a pretty good job of stalling us out, and it's not impossible that they'll eventually throw out something that can't be stopped by mass rifle/BAR fire.