Huseina recovers as quickly as she doubles over, the ordeal lasting only a few seconds. She explains herself after catching her breath, "I felt ... a strange desires to look through the books. A flood of information overwhelmed me when I touched them. I experienced a series of visions chronicling the various stages a man named Vorel went through in his quest to become something called a 'lich,' from researching the works of previous liches, to gathering the components for the lich transformation potion, to building his ... 'phylactery,' am I saying that right? ... and finally culminating in a vision of Vorel taking his potion and doubling over in agony as his body began to rot away. All of these visions took place in a realm of animated stained glass windows, and I doubled over in pain when I had the vision that Vorel did. As I did so, I was filled with blinding shame that a loved one - because I was looking from the point-of-view of a woman - would do this to himself, followed by a burning rage that he was stopped before he finished his ritual. More tried to do something to me, to get me to do I don't-know-what, but I fought off the mental energy of a truly wrathful spirit."

"However unpleasant these things may be or seem, we cannot avoid them," says Balazar. "Let us not run away, but study deeper the mysteries we find that may help us overcome whatever master spirit or spirits have a hold on this place, and most assuredly doomed the adventurers who came before us."