View Single Post

Thread: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

1. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Spoiler: Fork
    Show
    Although she is serpentfolk, Cauda belongs to House Niobara just like you, and she's knowledgeable about the White God. And she loves the stars. She just... wanders.

There's a story the humans tell about Tempus. They call him a General, and they say the three stars on his belt are tokens of the human women who loved him. Some people say there was a fourth, and she had a metal man, or an army of metal men... So she was a kind of general, too, I suppose.

But to us he is always the Hunter. People think war and hunting are the same thing, but I don't know.

There's another legend the giants tell, that three of their sons followed a white stag into the east and became... changed. One chose life, one chose death, and one chose the sword. And elves and goblins and human beings came out of those lines. Do you believe that? How did they get so small? But I turned into a dolphin, after all. And there it is, three of them again..

They say in human lands the stars never change, and you can see those three stars all the time. I think that must be very sad for them.

She sips her tea. We know you were chosen, you know. We can all tell. You and Nibum and Ttharg and that new boy, the printer's son. You're changing. You're getting bigger all the time. And sometimes I wonder why it was you. I'm glad it wasn't me. Do you think the Captain minds? I don't think so.

Later on it seems to you that the most important thing she said was that a sword isn't life and it isn't death, either. It's a third thing.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-20 at 07:48 AM.