Affiliation is a little weird to me since distance could be a factor but superpowers like superspeed, teleportation or telepathy can easily bypass long distances. Remote work and meetings bypass distance too.
How much the actions taken are meant to work in tandem to accomplish a goal also seems to be a factor. But even the amount of cooperation intended could change very quickly. Say Spiderman wants to cross a hazardous area on his own so he creates a hang glider out of webbing for himself to navigate the dangerous terrain but one of his friends comes up with an alternate way to use it such as using it to barter with some aliens who can grant them safe passage for the whole group.

I like the idea of affiliation and I think making someone roll with something other than a solo affiliation when using an asset from someone else is a good rule of thumb. Also using underlying collaboration to determine affiliation sounds good too.

Anyway, I will be having Hercules making a "clear line of sight" asset with a thunderclap based on his godlike strength to help someone out.