do the stars speak to you on this? he asks the navigator.
"The stars of the Outer Edge are few and wild," Cauda says. "Wherever we go I will do my duty. But I would stay where the paths are ones I have trod before."

Tegu makes eye contact with Nibum and Kabett before she speaks up. "Fighting squids or fighting metallics, it's all the same to me, but speaking for them of us that have to keep this tub floating, I'd rather be where there's friendly ports for rest and repair and supplies easy to hand myself." Kabett nods.

He turns to Siduri I had misplaced anger from something i had learned just before meeting you. I wanted to apologize for that outburst now if i hadnt. My memory isnt what it used to be. Knowing trionyx what do you suppose is his next port?
"Please, don't worry about it..." she murmurs, then considers the question. "I am confident Malatra is his destination, after what we found here. But I see no reason to doubt the dragon of Baratano or Mr. Ttharg. Unless his impatience is mastering, he would trust the captain he has found. As for whether we should give chase or try to get ahead of him... I am not an expert in these matters, nor do I have a vote here. But I think your point about the dangers he might unleash along his path, whatever path he takes, is well-taken, Mr. Nibum."

"Agreed," says the Captain heavily. Tallying up the votes, she sees that the decision is hers, as it always really was. "Those of you who think first of the ship chose Cagway. Those of you who think tactically chose Malatra. I need both sides, but in the end, I must favor mission. I am not a free woman. I serve the Throne."

"But giving a thought for those along the path to Cagway, and weighing secrecy against decency... I'll speak candidly with Shanidar before we leave. The metallic dragons along the route to Cagway must be warned."
She sighs. "Set a course for Malatra, Cauda. And gods grant we choose right."

She holds back the four of you who fought the Slaad for a moment. "One last piece of business you gentlemen haven't heard of yet. As mentioned, there was one among the cultists who aided us in the raid and has given information since. He's a Yuan-Ti, a native of Malatra, and altogether horrified by Trionyx's religious opinions. Name of Orophias. I've brought him on board to fill our vacancy, in exchange for a lift home."

"He'll do for the triage corps, I think."
Even a junior Yuan-Ti priest tends to have a rough-and-ready understanding of anatomy, at least as it relates to human(oid) sacrifice. "Break him in, Mr. Krixkrux, and you and Mr. F'rrkkk pick someone to get their step to Able Seaman and the Marines."

All of this is routine staffing business, but she adds: "The new lad is no born sailor, but he needs a ride and we need a cold body, and he knows more about Malatra and the Yuan-Ti than anyone else we have on board. He understands he's to be a resource to us, first and foremost, when he's not swabbing the deck. "