Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
I believe that's question #38.
That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
of been out on it for the past couple of days, not going to catch up on RB but I'm back and feeling somewhat less dysphoric!
Glad to learn you're feeling less dysphoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Yep. And I'll have another whenever i feel up to scheduling for another agency.

Yes..
That's frustrating. You seem amused by it all, though, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
It's another way to say the exception doesn't negate the rule. All D&D rulesets contain w blurb on "specific beats general", and explains that if there is a sweeping general rule that says one thing and a targeted, specific rule that says the other, the specific rule beats the general rule. For example, a rule could be "a DC 10 lock needs a total roll of 10 or greater to pick". That's a general rule. Going to be in place pretty universally. However, there could be a race that has the specific racial feature "when picking locks, your total roll needs to only beat half the DC". The specific rule beats the general rule, and that race doesn't need to roll a 10 to lick the lock. But the general rule is still in place - for everyone the specific rule doesn't apply to, they still need to roll a 10.

Just because you can point out a specific example of someone getting a doctorate despite not meeting the requirements for everyone else doesnt mean those requirements dont exist. It just means your specific example got through somehow. This isn't a case of one single example against negates the whole thing, in other words.
Oh, okay. That makes sense, though I'm not sure how to connect it with the joke the people can't make stuff up for their doctorates since the eighteen hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
No job is easy.
Yes, that's true.