Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
My brain is still stuck on The Owl House.

I'm going through it again.

...The thing that's bugging me the most? Trying to figure out what the hell appleblood is.

It's called blood and you can apparently get it at the "apple butcher"... But we've seen apples on the Boiling Isles and they seem to not be meaningfully different from human world apples. Additionally, it remains blood red and a liquid state when chilled, and the viscosity seems to be comparable to milk based on Eda getting a "blood mustache" in the second episode. It normally comes in bottles but when Eda is drinking some in a tavern in one episode she gets it in a juice box, it's apparently expensive because Eda goes without it early in season 2 to make sure Luz has food that she can digest when money becomes a problem, they all but outright state that it's some kind of liquor or other addictive/intoxicating substance... but you can apparently serve it to minors. It has a strong aroma comparable to a farm, and the quality and flavor is directly tied to how much it's been aged. Camila thinks she might be able to fake it using food coloring.

This is what my brain does when I should be doing a productivity
Spoiler: On the Weird Brain Note
Show
Also, Hunter clearly has autism. This combined with his possible albinism and the fact that he's explicitly the closest Belos ever got to exactly recreating Caleb probably explains why Caleb was so willing to run off to the demon realm with his hot witch GF.
Given the apple analogy, maybe there's the same overlap in language you get with apple juice/apple cider? It can be chilled and served fresh, or fermented and served alcoholic.