In tiefling cosplay news, I'm getting very close to a properly seamless "horn the same colour as the character's skin" look (sorry about my makeup in this, I tested it out right after streaming).

Spoiler
Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
There are usually signifiers looked at beyond where the body was found - at least by competent archaeologists. Perhaps the most important starting-point would be to see what and where the injuries are: are they consistent with a fall or accidental crushing, etc. or do they look like they were deliberately inflicted with a weapon. e.g. breaking of only one neck vertebra suggests a ligature, laceration to a vertebra suggests a cut throat, single deep injury to the skull suggests use of an axe, etc. On the other hand, multiple broken bones a crushed skull together with broken neck, or the like may suggest an accidental death by falling or strike by debris. They'll also look at the position of the body (has it been positioned post-mortem?), the space in which the body was found, goods found with the body, etc.

I believe there's a body found at Avebury which was identified as an accident (big stone fell on him).

There is still an awful lot of guesswork, of course.
Ooo, I think I read about that guy in a Horrible History book. Is this the incident of "you know what, let's not try and clear away these very cursed seeming stones..."?