1. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Domino Quartz's Delightfully Quaint Random Banter Thread #248

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    It's always fun to run the numbers on those claims, I did it when someone claimed that trans people in the Forgotten Realms would just pay for magic to change gender (they often bring up the girdle). For the record it's something like 3-5 years pay if you're using the Profession skill rules and allowing Pathfinder content.

Plus yes, it's about feeling included. Larian very much could have had a non-cis party member and made it obvious when they decided not to.
    I mean, the economy in 3.5 is super broken, presumably to facilitate an environment where people feel like going out and beating up zombies or whatever is a better way to make a living than, for example, running a business.

More generally, not every genre is equally equipped to tell every story, and BG3 isnt really about the personal identity of any of the origins except Durge (who, being customizable, could well be trans if you wanted).

ETA: I want to be clear here, i'm not saying they couldnt have done it. Theres absolutely a version of BG3 where "who are you" are the arc words and not just something clever at character selection. I'm saying their choice not to is just as legitimate as it would have been to have done so.

ETA 2: Also, hot take, Karlach would make a better trans character than Gale.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2024-01-02 at 10:57 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”