Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
I presume you mean the fact that
Spoiler
Show
Nanoha is as straight as a roundabout and has been obviously crushing on Fate since their first befriending?

Rebellion wasn't that bad, but definitely suffered from not being the second series it was supposed to be. Since then I don't think there's been any attempt to continue the story, and I've avoided most EU stuff because the first one I tried was just terrible.
Yeah that.

There isn't anything a second series is SUPPOSED to be, because there shouldn't be any attempt to continue the story because the story is Over. There is nothing of value to whatever happens next in Madoka's setting because the first series more or less created a perfect self-contained story. The Incubators are explicitly not clever enough to do what they do in Rebellion, and the idea of Homura becoming the lucifer to Madoka's magical girl hope god is Stupid Stupid Stupid STUPID. This is why the other attempt at this with Magi-Reco was "here is a side story somewhere else that takes place during one of Homura's weirder loops", because there isn't any way to add more onto the story without ruining or weakening the original in some way.

The only things that could possibly work as "further Madoka material" is having side stories about other magical girls in the settings, or getting a standard but well executed "here is what Madoka's new world looks like". Nothing else could possibly function as a sequel, and Rebellion's decision to undo the happy ending is exactly what everyone who says "MAdoka is bad because it's edgelord ****" was expecting. Let the series unambiguously happy ending stand as it is, please, for the love of Madoka.