View Single Post

Thread: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

1. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    Nibum trying to correct himself from earlier reports Well we took some not insignificant damage to the ship. Seems we killed a sea serpent that used to carry a ship. I imagine the repairs may take awhile depending on supplies or how many can cast mending. Likely we can scavenge some supplies and food from the serpent. White cliff seems to have been hurt but not too badly so healers might be able to patch them up in near no time. Not sure if I said anything you couldn't see yourself tho. I imagine you'll order me to begin repairs so I'll just grab the carpenters and get to work. he signals his 3 assistants to assess the damage and get to work. Clean up This mess you layabouts he yells at the carpenters
    With the help of the apprentice carpenters he's trained among the crew, Nibum begins to assess the damage.

Spoiler: Repair Mechanics
    Show
    Ghosts of Saltmarsh offers the depressingly low rate of repairs at 1d6 per day, and requiring an Athletics check first. Since you have mending, we will skip the Athletics check; with the assistance of your 5 helpers and your various pets, I will give you an additional +8 to the d6. And for the hasty repairs, I will treat making them permanent as a max repair roll, so one full day shift will give the ship back 14 hp.

Once the hasty repairs are all converted into permanent repairs, you will have to roll 1d6+8 per day.

The real limiting factors will be supplies; you only enough supplies for 5 days of steady repair efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
    Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg puts his shield away and bows his head. He begins a quick prayer for the swallowed crewman. "May ye find rest, that ye duty was done, on the Seas, Bahamut keep ye soul safe." He then raises his head and shouts: "Any o' the rest o' ye need puttin' back together? Sound off!"

Seeing that the rest of the crew were uninjured, Ttharg moved to look over the side of the ship at the corpse of the Broad Fin. It was dead, which was unfortunate, but Ttharg hoped he might learn something with a keen eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Medicine and Investigation check both rolled a 15. Ttharg wants to look over the corpse and identify any additional wounds or anything odd about the Broad Fin that might give some clues as to what happened to it; and if anything might be salvageable from the wreckage of it's harness/hull.
    Looking over the corpse, Ttharg can see that it was already injured before the fight began, an old wound that was not allowed to heal. Not much remains of the ship itself, just leather straps and chains of harness and a few scraps of wood. It looks like it was torn apart by being submerged. It looks much as if the Broad Fin had run wild, but that doesn't explain its behavior of lying in wait and attacking a larger and healthier sea serpent.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2023-12-26 at 11:08 AM.