Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
Regarding Worm: I tried reading it, but it was just too bleak. And I'm told it gets even bleaker than its opening chapters.
The best way I can describe Worm is that it's a nobledark cosmic horror story pretending to be a grimdark superhero story.

It has a hopeful ending but **** goes to hell and stays there for a long time befor hty get there.

The sequel is similar, though a lot of people dislike it for supposedly "retconning" a bunch of stuff when really all it did was debunk a bunch of headcanons that had no actual basis in the source material.
Spoiler
Show
God forbid that the character who acts like a narcisist in almost every scene she's in, refuses to accept help with her problems, runs away from them when it's too much, in her introductory scene psychologically turtures someone into consenting to something while making Freudian threats and bragging that her conenctions will keep her from suffering consequneces, once expressed a sadistic desire to violat someone's body, later got offended when that person doesn't trust her and then gaslites that person into think she's going to be railroaded by the authorities and that one of her friends is dead out of spite, rwrot someone's brain to change their sexuality and acted like she didn't have a choice to do it when she had the presence of mind to know sh was tempted to do it and warn someone not to touch her and thus had the presence of mind to resist temptation, then later kidnaped that person and altered their body despite their explicit refusal to conscent and made mutible modifcations to it for her own pleasure turns out to be a narcisistic rapist who refuses to admit that she's a bad person and not a poor, widdle misunderstood woobie.