View Single Post

Thread: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

1. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

Arsenne says: "I have no objection on a personal level to you wearing the chain shirt, Thikha'Ness, nor to anyone else making good use of anything else we might find. However, let's bear in mind that these items surely belonged to somebody, and hopefully still do belong to that person if said person is still alive."

He pauses.
    "I think we have some complex legal and moral issues to agree upon before continuing. These items, these buildings, they were all supposed to belong to the colony as a common area, or to individual colonists as personal effects. Our "intended fellow colonists," to be more precise. It makes me a bit uncomfortable to just take and use what we please, unless we can agree to a few guidelines."

He takes a deep breath.
    "As I see it, our primary mission at this time consists of finding the other colonists, aiding them if necessary, and finding out what happened. In pursuit of that mission, I think it is perfectly legitimate for us to use various items that we may find, and to take shelter in the appropriate buildings. The original colonists and owners will surely pardon us the presumption, if and when we do find them. What is important is that we treat what we find with respect, and that we keep track of anything we take and where we took it from, so that it can eventually be returned to the proper owners should they be found."

He looks around.
    "Can we all agree upon these basic guidelines?"

"In the meantime, If you will just allow me two more minutes, there is something I want to do."
    He takes his beautiful journal out of his backpack, and lays it on a flat area inside the enclosed portion of the Smithy. He takes all the shells out of his sash, and a few out of his back pack. He then very carefully opens the journal and slowly separates the pages that have spilled ink and water on them. He then takes as many sea shells as necessary and places them between the pages so as to hold the vellum apart and allow air to circulate between the pages."

He explains: "I don't want the ink to dry and fuse the pages together. If they dry this way, I will have some free-form splotches on a few pages, and these can eventually form the base for impressionist or adaptive art. I already have several ideas that I look forward to exploring. With Shelyn's blessing, after we have thoroughly for the missing colonists, of course!"
    Last edited by Diavolo; 2023-12-20 at 01:37 PM.