Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
I think my gripe with MHA is mostly that the creativity comes out when it doesn't really matter, and goes out the window in important fights. I checked out at around the point where the author decided that figuring out interesting applications for a single power wasn't interesting enough and either started breaking established rules for drama (eg. Overhaul VERY CLEARLY using his powers eithout his hands partway through that fight) or giving characters new powers out of nowhere.

Or just having characters hold the Idiot Ball when convenient. Like a character who has the power to wish to do pretty much anything getting somehow omega-owned without accomplishing anything.
It's not "out of nowhere" though - the show very clearly explains why new powers are flourishing in this generation in a way they never have before. And that's on top of Deku's special situation.

But I don't want to derail this into a MHA thread so I'll leave it there. If the OP is looking for awesome spandex fights though, I'll repeat my recommendation.