Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
but it's a fantastic piece of work!
Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
Your art is amazing and I'm looking forward to your next piece!
Quote Originally Posted by cursedpupper View Post
This is really wonderful!! You’re very skilled
Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
Concur! Would have expressed that sentiment earlier, but I've been too busy admiring those rocks these last few weeks.
Thank you all so, so much!!! I'm glad my work is appreciated! (Especially the rocks. I hated rendering those rocks. ) I love reading all the feedback. It makes my day whenever someone posts in this thread.

Also, I finally got around to fixing the links in the first post! The pictures should be much easier to view now.

In other news: after clawing my way out from the fiery pit that is Art Block, I've got another piece! It's nothing too crazy this time, just a portrait of Tsukiko. It's not as polished as I'd like it to be, but sometimes you just have to call something done. This one was a bit of a struggle, if you couldn't tell.

Notes:

• The beads on Tsukiko's hair ties are little skulls. The design on her corset also has little skulls to match!
  • In a piece with less Stuff Going On, I probably would have added more jewelry--long necklaces, bracelets, rings, some kind of funky belt thing around her corset, maybe a choker--but I didn't want the composition to get too cluttered.
  • Even though I see Tsukiko as having a very trad-goth look to her overall, the way I did her makeup is intentionally inspired by corpse paint. Because haha, necromancy puns. I wanted to make the makeup a bit wilder than it ended up, but doing so would have sacrificed the clarity of her face/expression.

I'm not entirely sure what to draw next. Suggestions are welcome, though I can't guarantee I'll be able to do them any justice. (Curse you, art block!)