View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in Time & Space OOC

1. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Adventures in Time & Space OOC

Okay, I have a couple thoughts on what to do, but I want to make sure the trusty sonic can perform said functions. Both are predicated on the professor encountering Cybermen before and knowing a little about them...

1. Using the Weld function of the sonic to short out the vicar's connection to the local cyber command & control (for lack of a better term). The questions this brings to mind are:
    a. Range of said function?
    b. Does he need to see the circuit he's fusing together? Or,
    c. Would he be able to use his technical understanding of how such a connection would be made to a brain and dial in his sonic to "know" where to find it if it points it at a person?

2. Using his sonic to disrupt the communications link between cyber command & control and the parishioners by emitting a resonance on the transceiver frequency. The goal here would be to disorient the crowd long enough for the trio (and potentially the possessed cur) to make off with Pavilion's body and escape to the safety of the TARDIS. :)

In fact, I'll probably go with the second option, if it's allowed, but I'd like to know if the first option is available to him and, if so, by what parameters it would work.

And, clearly, both are considered DOING something, putting him the third category.
    Last edited by davyjones; 2023-12-18 at 12:07 PM.