View Single Post

Thread: Day of the Octopus OOC

1. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Day of the Octopus OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    I am thinking of having Hercules ferry some hostages out on some of the furniture in the building.
    I the roll would something like

d8 affiliation: Team - given all the heroes packed together in one area.
    d8 distinction: Glory and Honor. - A heroic reputation would help gain peoples' trust
    d12 power: God like Strength - To better the hostages on furniture
    d? asset: Spiderman illusion - Convincing people it is safer to escape with Hercules than remain in the bank with the villains.
    d8 stunt - Using superhuman leaping to get away from the conflict.

I don't know if or how successful Loki's attempt to make an asset went.
    If you can wiggle it in I think Kaine's Undivided Attention Asset never got used.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
    Yes. The main reason you would go for one over the other is the size of the reaction die. If you had a total of 4, for example, you could put the D10 as your effect die and it would reduce the effect of the complication because it's bigger than Mysterio's effect die.
    Thank you! I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
    That sounds good, except that I don't think you should include invisibility because

a) I think that should go through as a stunt or by creatig an asset, and
    b) Mysterio's sonar gizmos and any ligering smoke seems like it would pretty seriously dampen the benefits of being invisible, anyway.
    Okay, then how does this look?

Affiliation – Solo: d8
    Distinction – Spawn of Venom: d8 – same justification as before, I’m assuming some inherited knowledge of Mysterio’s blind spots, how well he can take a hit, how far he’ll fly if thrown with force…
    Power(s) – Klyntar Symbiote: Superhuman Strength d10
    Specialty – Combat: d8
    Complication/Stress – None
    Asset – None

EDIT AGAIN:

FYI - Christmas shenanigans begin for me this week, starting Tuesday I will have limited availability through most of the rest of the end of the year.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-12-17 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show