Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
I'm not dead set on that and could be talked out of it.
Sure, I'll give it a shot.

If you were investigating a crime scene and trying to figure out that someone was disguised and things weren't what they seemed to be
But that's exactly what I'm doing. Kaine and the hostage have been disguised as attacker and battered victim. (And incidentally the bank is even a crime scene, albeit a crime in progress rather than after the fact.)

Trying to see through one of Mysterio's illusions on the fly seems more like Psych to me (that's why I've been using Psych in his dice pool rather than Covert).
I'd think Psychology would be less deception specifically and more knowledge of behavior in general. So while I can absolutely see Mysterio using it to help his illusions, I would think it would be more 'I know if I put up a flashy display over here, people will go look at it, and not pay attention to other stuff' or 'I know if I'm fighting Spider-man and I shove someone off a building before I flee, he will go to save that person 100% of the time rather than chase me.' But if this version of Mysterio was an actor he could then also use it to determine 'if I put a nudity scene in my new play, it will draw more of the 20-50 crowd but there won't be any families showing up.'

I guess what I'm saying is I think there's some overlap between the two.