Kaen chides himself for not putting his armor in its heavier form, He shifts his veils slightly in order to get his weapon back in sword mode, swiping at the higher of the two foes before retreating out of harm's way for the moment.
Spoiler: OOC
Show
SwA:I make what I am calling a "null shift" of my essence; spending the swift to move essence, but leaving 1E in Stalker's Tabi, Slashing Volley, and Bangle of Barriers (i.e., where they already were). This lets me reset my Slashing Volley to be in its curveblade form.
Spoiler: Relevant ruling
Show
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Rules#Using_Essence

"When investing your essence, you can divide your total pool of essence however you like amongst all of your essence receptacles, up to your essence capacity. You cannot invest more essence in a receptacle than your essence capacity. If you have a feature that allows you to change a selected effect each time it is invested with essence, you can do so every time you spend a swift action to invest your essence, even if you leave the same amount of essence in that receptacle." (emphasis mine)

SA: Attack the hanging foe (I think blue? It's hard to figure) (1d20+8)[26] (1d10+1)[11]
MA: I *assume* the 'withdraw' and 'charge' abilities of Slashing Volley are move actions, but it's actually kinda vague. Assuming the sane reading is correct, I will then take a move action to get out of the house (I want to get 1 square southeast of Thickness' current location) and swap weapon form back to crossbow. I will Acrobatics in order to avoid AoO's. If the 'withdraw' is instead part of the attack, I will spend the move action summoning my astral armor (which I was reasonably certain I had already done).

Call this a hedge if you must, but on the odd chance that I've misread something and the "not moving essence" trick doesn't work, I logically should know that it failed, in which case I will Withdraw to the 1 square southeast of Thickness