Hey it's been awhile since people like, talked about My Hero huh?

SOME HIGHLIGHTS

- The (presumable) end of Himiko Toga's arc, where Uraraka confesses her love to her and vice versa, in the midsts of a very serious stabbing, that ends with the neutralization of the Twice blood she had... and, sadly, almost assuredly her life, as she gives over her blood to Uraraka. Probably some of the best art Horikoshi's done in awhile, and this is including the fact that his art is... just flat out some of the best in Jump at the moment.

- The Todoroki Family hugs Dabi till he's unconscious, all suffering pretty serious burns. It's a nice finish to this family's arc, and I'm so glad that it really seems like this story is ending with "we're going to try and help Dabi, despite everything", in much the same way they are with Enji- while still acknowledging the crimes of both.

- All Might has his "Dark Knight Returns" moment, where he uses a power suit utilizing tech that emulates every single one of his beloved students. May in fact be the clearest indication that Horikoshi knows his comics and really GETS it.

- A massively impactful moment of showing how much "pressure" has been built up. Of all the people watching, of the butterfly effect that is this massive war and every life put forward in helping our heroes get even a single, solitary step forward. It's beautiful.

- BAKUGOOOOO! Showing a genuine, actual, perfect and true and REAL smile, after saving him from All For One- and making it clear that All For One is HIS target. It's incredible, I've loved Bakugo for my entire life and seeing his ultimate fate in this series is to take down the main antagonist of the world, whereas Deku does his best to save the abused child he manipulated, is perfect. Deku said this is the story of him becoming the world's greatest hero and that DOES NOT MEAN number 1. Bakugo will take that slot for ending AFO, for sure, and I love it.

- All For One and One For All backstory, elaborated on in as much detail as can be mustered. I particularly like the fact that no, the Glowing Baby was not actually the first meta-human, just the first one society could not easily ignore. It feels appropriate for the kinda gritty reality that My Hero often employs. This is a comic book world... but like All For One has said before, this is Not A Comic Book. The bad guy can win, and sometimes destitute people fall through the cracks and no one cares that they have a weird skin condition.

Anyway, today's chapter: we get to see some quick but messy (VERY messy) shots of All For One fighting, and killing, every single holder of One For All. The way he just... tears his brother apart like tissue paper is actually stomach churning, especially since the guy was so weak and anemic that it really does look like he was just... popped like a balloon. Made all the more satisfying when we finally see the iconic moment; All Might, his guts hanging out, holding them in with his left hand... punching All For One's head clean off from the upper jaw up in a SPLORTCH of blood.

and then, finally, returning to the action with an absolute fury as he sees that hated "desire to save the world" flashing in Bakugo's eyes, and he unleashes his absolute final thrust of strength. ALL FOR ONE GOAL... wherein he becomes a RPG final boss, or the ****ed up ESPer from Akira, whichever reference better floats your boats.

Bakugo's response? "ah **** that's a lot actually".

God I love this ****ing series.