I don't think I've ever made the decision to watch an MCU film based on pre-release cast tours. I don't even watch such things much, and if I do see them, it is because I am already interested somehow. I suspect a great deal of the fanbase is the same. People decided to go see Iron Man because they liked the character, or because they heard it was a good movie, not because they saw RDJ's press appearances before the movie even came out.

So, I really don't think that's a massive factor.

And as for the Disney+ tie ins, well, that's on Disney, the studio behind this. If Disney makes a poor decision and is financially punished for it, no unfairness exists. The audience did not demand multiple TV show tie ins to explain origins any more than they demanded a Fortnite tie-in to explain why somehow, Palpatine returned. That's entirely on Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Uh, of course I can. And I think that's a good thing. There's a quote in my sig about that for exactly that reason.
Not seeing the parallels between us nitpicking the comic(which, fair, the fanbase has done that from time to time) and Disney preaching at us, and most importantly, doing really boring, uninspiring preaching that doesn't fit the tale we are there to see.

All stories embody a morality to a degree. That's fine. If it's well told, it can even be an asset. If it's not, well...nobody is likely to look back and fondly reminise about that time when Cap kissed his ex's niece, yknow? And, looking back at it, the whole "Bruce falls on top of Natasha" is pretty much just like the "oops, fell on top of Wonder Woman" bit, and then one suddenly remembers hey, it's Joss Wedon directing both of these and darn, he loves that dodgy trope as much as Tarentino loves finding excuses to include feet.

These detract from the story being told, and most of the time, we try to overlook them, and focus on the parts we do enjoy.

But if you think that having all the female characters land together, take off helmets, and pose together in Endgame is great and won't be remembered in the same way as the other cringeworthy moments...I dunno what to tell you. You don't make up for a kind of crappy moment by trying to make an equally crappy moment the other direction, you just have to....not do that altogether.

People relish the moments when characters are revealing their individual character, when they're struggling against the odds, etc. Not when they're preaching. It is extremely rare that a monologue is the most beloved moment of a movie, which is kind of odd, given how often it's used as the conflict resolution. It *can* work, but only when the opposition is real, and it feels grounded in the moment. Go back and watch some old movies, and look at any conflict solved by a long speech followed by everyone clapping. It's teeth grindingly painful.