1. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC II: electric boogaloo

Okay, if I'm understanding this correctly, arcane divination magics usually have that time limit on them, but the psychic abilities/magics not so much?

So I have an idea now, to remove the time limiters on the psychic spells but place another limitation such that the information received comes at a much slower frequency, and with the addition to prematurely block out similar sensations/readings after getting one bit of information.

So for instance, taking the ripped piece of cloth example again: let's say the spell can store a queue of a number of certain sensations or bits of information. It only feeds one such thing to the caster per round. After receiving that bit of information, the caster can choose to block other information types of that sort (for example sound, emotion, scent). And as a swift action once per round, the caster can choose to stop blocking one of those categories.

Hope that makes sense. Going about it another way: in the original spells Whitecliff made, it seems you just get a whole burst of all sorts of things at once, but then it only lasts for a very short amount of time. In the modifications Shandara makes, all the sensations are saved up but then only given to the caster once per round in chronological order (if it's a tie, it's randomly). Then with the option to block certain things, the caster is able to focus more on what they find pertinent and cut out on the noise.

So day 5 I guess. Which will be a spellcraft this time I think. (1d20+16)[23] or (1d20+16)[22]

I don't know. I might go back to Whitecliff himself to get some advice on this. Because I think it feels promising. Should be on "Day 8" currently, and trying to see Whitecliff would be "Day 9" and caught up with Aiden again?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2023-11-13 at 05:22 PM.