1. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC II: electric boogaloo

Okilly Dokilly. Let's see about this business.

Day 1's all complete.
    Day 2: Perform at Injured Fellow Plaza - (+2 Masterwork, +1 Songbird, +8 Inexplicable Luck) (1d20+26)[42]
    Hope he likes it, poor lad.

Now, the 1/2 Day on the Violin. I'll use Shandara's Crafter's Fortune on this one; Inexplicable Luck is the greater bonus but it just feels exploitative to hit that button every time, plus I like the idea of the first input on this work being Shandara-assisted.

It requires 1000SP of progress to complete a masterwork instrument. The DC is normally 20, but I typically crank it up to just to finish the project quicker. The material isn't unfamiliar exactly anymore, but I'll leave the DC up to you DeTess. Carpentry - (1d20+27)[44].

Progress will be (Result)*DC, finally divided by 14 (because it's a half day rather than a week) of progress in SP.

Day 3: Full day on the violin. Using Inexplicable Luck this time. Carpentry - (1d20+30)[35]. (Total gain: Result*DC/7)

Day 4: Half day on the violin. Using Inexplicable Luck this time. Carpentry - (1d20+30)[31]. (Total gain: Result*DC/14) I'll take 10 to play at the Plaza this time.

And then.. assess progress.

EDIT: Dang. Nice probust success on the first roll, but then a natural 5 and 1 on the next efforts. Inexplicable Luck has saved Aiden from screwing up the project entirely, I think.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-11-11 at 07:24 PM.