Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
Yes, what you're saying is why I bring the topic up. One approach could be to break things into a Player Turn and Watcher Turn. So, you guys could all talk amongst yourselves and decide what you're going to do and in what order, then roll the dice. Then it would be my turn, and I'd roll reactions and then my actions, and then it would go back to you guys for your reactions and next set of actions, and so forth.

I think that that should help keep things moving in that we don't necessarily have to wait for individual players if they temporarily disappear. It also would mean that we can double up on rolling last turn's reactions and this turn's actions at the same time. And I think it would avoid the overwhelming majority of wanting to spend plot points or doom off-turn. In fact, when you guys are taking an action to create an asset, you could probably roll the doom dice reaction right along with your action.
For what it's worth from a Cortex newbie, that sounds good. The only issue I think I can see is that we might have some hiccups around Opportunity rolls if I'm understanding those properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
There might be occasional need for conditional actions ("If Hercules knocks out Electro, I'll attack the goons, otherwise I'm attacking Electro, too") but I don't think that's too big of an issue.
I've done that in my Pokémon game, for the most part it's worked well. The main exception is if someone gets a little too specific with their if/then scenario or the bad guys do something unexpected leaving them sitting around for a round.