Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
It's also just been getting further and further away from the comic that I started reading, with no signs that it's ever going to get back to that — or even that the intro is even compatible with the reality in which the comic exists now. I mean, when was the last time any of the characters (other than Sydney) from the first strips even appeared? I signed up for a comic about a geek girl who runs a comic store and plays superhero RPGs with her ordinary friends and deals with regular relationship problems even though she's an actual superhero herself, not one where we haven't even seen the inside of the comic store in, I dunno, years? and she's banging furries from outer space and getting date raped by succubi.
Yeah, it definitely feels like the superheroics are... incidental, and the scope of the world just keeps ballooning more and more. Both literally (we're up to other planets being trivial to visit), and just conceptually - with aliens, and demons, and supernaturals (remember when those were a thing? How long has it been?), and it feels like there's not really a solid plan. Just skipping from concept to concept long enough for people to go "ooh, look at how cool this setting piece is, very clever"