Dave said that he doesn't want to be The Boyz. Cool. Good. That particular niche probably doesn't need more exploring, especially by Dave. But if you don't want to be The Boyz, KEEP THE SEX CONSENSUAL DAVE! Don't dance around grey areas with it, don't create story lines were you not only present people having their minds influenced in a way that they have sex with people in a situation they wouldn't normally and then have them act fine with it AND THEN REVEAL THEY'RE HAVING THIER MINDS MANIPULATED TO BE OKAY WITH IT. Especially when, and I accept that maybe my limited ability to write narratives means I'm missing something, it contributes nothing to your story or your world building except to get a bunch of characters to bang because you think it's hot.

Every single piece of information we gained here could have been gained by simply having Dabbler pick up on Parfait loosing control and blocking it or stepping in or whatever. Every bit of what is upsetting to people could have been avoided and anything relevant to the plot could have been kept.

I can be fine with the existence of stories I don't like, I can even applaud people who try and write stories which explore complex ideas that I find distasteful if I can see it serves a purpose even if they don't always get it right, but playing around with consent in a hamfisted way like this for what seems to be entirely because he thinks it's a fun sexy addition to his story? That's why I'm not reading the comic any more.