Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
When fighting in the black vault the guardian used some form of stat debuff on everyone. Here. It crippled the supernatural monsters, sydneys shield made her immune, dabbler explicitly had well over 100% resistance to debuffs. Thats two methods of blocking this potential armegeddon super succubus elder mom coming in with full magi tech to amplify it to insane levels. Obviously there are ways to bypass block or counter it or else mind control dommy mommy would rule the universe. But thats not using in strip examples, its simple logic for the setting. So unless we get a smash cut to dabbs mum cackling on a throne inside a room titled "Throne room of all reality, the ruler of said sits on that chair" Im going to go with yes, it can be dealt with. You guys have lost all sense of logic or reason and flown into total panic mode where everything is ruined forever because archon might not be totally impregnable to everything ever.
They weren't immune to this particular thing, which we know in strip can be much more powerful than it was this time.

I didn't say there was no counter. I said Archon hasn't implemented any counters. Right now this a gaping hole in security. I also wonder what the counters might look like.

Also, Dabbler is casting "calm emotions"-equivalent right now, and again, on everyone in the building. Can that be amplified? Seems plausible. So instead of a lust aura that sets the whole building to boinking, a "calm emotions" aura that results in people not really caring very much that Godzilla was just teleported into the main conference room. Yes, I know, big G wouldn't fit, that's kinda the point.

Archon needs to raise their defenses against mind control magic. And so does every other seat of power on the planet. Parliaments and Congresses and CEOs and Prime Ministers and Presidents and police officers and you name it - you, too, can have your behavior influenced. "I didn't rob that store, the cashier wanted to give me all the money in the till!"

Once mind control enters the story we need to know how a person protects themselves. Any person, not just heroes.