Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Making up a scenario not supported by the text isnt a plot hole, its just you reading things that aren't there. Theres STILL no evidence that they couldnt put it down if something happened like an attack, and at any rate its no more a security vulnerability than, for example, them being asleep in their homes like they do every night. A supercharged lust bomb is like the least subtle and effective way to go about it, because now youve alerted everyone in the building that something weird is going on.
The text absolutely supports that Mom is more powerful than Parfait, and that Mom's aura could be further amplified by devices. Now since so far as we have been shown every single person in the building began engaging in some sort of sexual activity because of Parfait, I think you need to acknowledge that (1) This is mind control and (2) if people were hit with a far more powerful mind control aura that they might not be able to resist it at all. Especially given the amplifier devices. Can, e.g., Deus give Mom an amplifier that makes her aura 10,000 times as powerful? OK, maybe that fries out the brain, so we only need to be 100x as powerful as Parfait before rational thought becomes impossible. Or 5x. There is some level of mind control where resistance is futile.

According to pretty much every D&D type game and lots of fantasy literature, there's a "Domination" spell or equivalent where the victim cannot resist the commands of the spellcaster. Vampire's gaze, Imperius curse, and so on. It's a very well established trope. So, give me an argument, using in strip canon, that *all* mind control effects can be resisted no matter how strong. Link to the strip, please. I've established that in-strip it's possible to exert a mind control effect more powerful than Parfait's - much more powerful. Can you prove, using in-strip canon, that it's always possible to overcome mind control, no matter how powerful?