Demon Street - Three months ago, places all over the world disappeared, replaced with portals into another dimension. No one on our side knows what happened to the people who were in these 'demon streets' when they disappeared, but some have gone through after them in hopes of finding lost loved ones. The story follows two kids, both having crossed over for their own reasons, exploring this mysterious world with bizarre denizens, strange magics, and unique dangers. Guard your name carefully, explorer. Beautiful art (if occasionally difficult to follow during the trippier action sequences), compelling story, lovable characters, interesting world... I'd give this story a huge recommendation if not for one caveat: about a year and a half ago, it went on hiatus in the middle of its climax.

I really need to start checking when the most recent page was uploaded for a comic before getting invested in them, spoilers be damned. On the other hand, I'm not sure this is one I would want to have missed.