It takes about ten minutes after Anna's first text to her cousin before she gets a reply. Katie's text message reads, "Thank you for your generosity Anna. I started a job at a boba and donut place. The base pay isn't great but I get A LOT of tips!!! ;) I can bring you some cream donuts some time if you like. If I remember, you used to love those, right? I'm going to be staying with a friend, but should have enough money for my own place soon."

Celestine's text comes back much quicker, actually reaching Anna before her daughter's. "Great. If you can, come earlier. I have been so tired lately and you are less likely to wake uncle!" her text reads, clearly ignoring some of the subtext of Anna's message.

Aisling's Pulse message simply reads, "Give me as much info on where he went."

The message from Anna's Sire is fast enough, "Anna! I hope you are okay! We have been rebuilding. Such a terrible shame what is happening now, and to think that someone would target us! Have you heard anything? When will I see you next?"

(OOC: Will give you a chance to reply to these here so that Haval has a moment)

The man barely flinches at Rachel's words, stuck in his corner, watching. Though he was trying to keep his cool, his heartbeat was a thundering beat that filled the room, and she could smell the growing stench of fear despite his scented washes and cologne. "I suppose I could ask you the same thing," the man says flatly. His voice was slightly high pitched and nasal, and very American in accent. His eyes narrow as he adds, "Though I would suspect you prefer a very specific type of theft." Reflexively, the man's hand goes to his throat. He sighs again and says, "I take it my Grand... that Karl, and uh Anna know you are here?" He glances up at the stairs, where the other Kindred had ascended to take shelter in their rooms from the rising sun.

Karl steps out of his room, though the act of rising itself was painful. Willing his muscles to move a throbbing pain that shot from his chest, up his neck and into Karl's skull. The room goes briefly out of focus, as The Beast threatens to take hold, and when Karl regains himself, his hands have twisted onto claws that were scratching at his cheeks. The sudden attack quickly fades, and control returns.

When Karl steps out of the room, he can hear Anna stirring next door. Her phone was pinging, but Karl's attention is quickly pulled to the sound of Fred's heartbeat downstairs. The Mekhet is struck by a sudden possessive fear. Images of Rachel feeding on his grandson race through Karl's mind at the same time as images of his own body shriveling into dust due to starvation.