Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
The Good: I finally figured out what I want to do for a career

The Bad: I'd need to go to grad school in order to do it, and I didn't do very well in college

The Ugly: I found out about a year ago that I'm on the spectrum, and while submitting that to disability assistance could get me some sort of help, my wife is worried about who would have access to that information and of the idea of me being labeled as an "other", especially with the precarious state of the world
Can you get into grad school with your grades? My advice is to look into local colleges in particular, not the big schools. They tend to be cheaper too. I'm in grad school in my state college system online and it's been going fairly well. Also why are you worried about the spectrum diagnosis? I have had one since I was six. It's up to you whether you disclose that information to employers or people you know/meet. My experience is that there's pros and cons to both approaches since if you don't disclose it, people don't have an explanation for certain odd behaviors at times. If you do people tend to be condescending, or oftentimes will treat you different but either way they are going to perceive you as different to begin with.