Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
Blackwall and my dwarf woman was hilariously bad. Half the time, she was apparently levitating or standing on a stack of phonebooks and the horizontal scenes were worse. It basically didn't acknowledge the height differences at all and treated her model as human sized. BG3 isn't perfect but it makes an explicit point of noticing that you're 2-3' smaller than your partner (at least with SH, Astarion and Karlach)
Fair enough - I only saw the barn and bedroom scenes myself so there may have been jankier ones I missed

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
Solasta didn't use the SRD/OGL, they had a specific license from WoTC.
They originally began development using the OGL but then sought a specific license to cover their bases. Now thanks to CC, they don't have to keep doing that (unless their private license terms require it for any future titles using that branding.) If nothing else, it will give them and any future devs a much stronger bargaining position.

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
If anything is going to rock the boat for a potential Solasta 2, it's going to be Unity turning out to be radically untrustworthy, which creates a substantial incentive to move to an engine whose contract isn't governed by Darth Vader rules.
I mean, I can't argue with that