1. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing: 9 Years since the Last Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Oh BG3 is a total hot mess in terms of plot and lore. But it's also fun silly fantasy nonsense and 100% knows it. Dragon Age always felt way too serious to have much fun with itself, which makes it much harder to tolerate its grimderp edgelord standard fantasy.
    Dragon Age also gives me the impression that the developers thought they were oh so clever for coming up with Teenage Dark Fantasy D&D #97, whereas Larian games give the impression they're playing it with a straight face because that's funnier. Plus there's something refreshing about the fact that playing a Paladin in BG3 gives you the opportunity to play a knight in shining armour who just stepped out of a storybook, and characters occasionally react to that both positively and negatively.

After a lot of games where they try to present fantasy heroes in a 'realistic' manner it's nice that my Dark Urge Paladin has essentially turned out as Fantasy Superman.

(The Dark Urge is also far, far more involved in the plot than the Dragon Age protagonists tend to be.)
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2023-10-10 at 03:06 AM.