Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
So far it's fun, the companions are more interesting than I remember. The lore is more... I dunno, something about the execution feels flatter than I would like. The way that culture and religion get talked about, especially in Codex entries, feels more like a history lecture, more intellectualized, rather than real, living practices. There's a level of artificiality to a lot of it, although I think the Qunari stuff is good at avoiding that pitfall.
In general I find that Bioware's worldbuilding feels a little flimsy. Generally functional, you can understand the ideas they want to explore but it doesn't quite hang together the way you might want it to. They're very much carried by strong writing of individual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
So knowing my luck Dreadwolf will probably be some kind of Soulslike.
Last I heard was God of War like, but for all I know they've rebooted the game a few times since that leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
I mean Bioware hasn't released a good game since optimistically Inquisition, which was, well, thread title years ago now. And they've only managed two games in that span, one of which was a bad version of a formula Ubisoft already ran into the ground, and the other just a completely baffling failure in every possible way.

They're uh, they're not a good studio anymore.
I'd honestly put the last good Bioware game as far back as Mass Effect 2, and even there you can see the cracks showing. There's a lot of stuff to like in ME3 and Inquisition but I don't think the games overall are good