Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
So, what i dont understand is why we cant just accept that Illithid/Githyanki things are basically Space Stuff.
Not we; me. That is not to my tastes. Illithids are fine to me as a weird kind of psychic monster race; Githyanki are fine as a race native to another plane of existence. Try to turn them into Space Stuff, and I cease to be fine with it.

Same with Warforged, except there's no way to make me fine with those. The use of magitech in Eberron in general is a big part of why I never touched that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
....wait a minute, is Volo the one who gives you the silver sword at the end of Act 2 of BG2 and lands you in trouble with the Githyankis?!

Spoiler: Act 3
Show
Silver sword at the end of Act 2? What? The only Silver Sword I got was given to Lae'zel by Voss when we came to inform him that we had the Orphic Hammer, which was near the end of Act 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
It's 1/day but when you use it, a new ability appears on your bar that lets you swap the activation to a new corpse at-will until you long rest, at which point the amulet recharges anyway. So it's functionally/effectively unlimited-use.
Ah. Couple of things to say about that: one, the new ability doesn't appear on my bar (= radial wheel; console player) automatically, I need to add it manually. I did notice that in my first play-through, when I had "recast Speak with Dead" as a status floating above my name in the lower corner of the screen and went looking to find out what that meant, but I assumed that was because the initial casting had failed on the corpse I targeted at the time, not because that was just standard. I've already seen that it's standard with the Necromancy of Thay version, but didn't think that necessarily meant the same applied to the amulet. Good to know.