Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
Short version: I like my fantasy (especially D&D) medieval, and my spaceships in sci-fi. Never should the two meet.
I can understand that desire in other D&D campaigns - but this one is about the main character waking up on a crashing alien spaceship, so I'm not sure why a different alien mentioning tjjhe existence of spaceships is offputting, is all I'm saynig.

I actually accidentally got her killed - encouraged the Tiefling woman mourning the one that got killed in the initial Goblin attack to seek revenge on the Goblins for it. Figured that with my Dark Urge character, while she's generally well-intentioned, she would have a tendency to resort to violence quickly when it seems warranted, in the hopes that this will sate her urges without them being used on innocents, and that this mindset would reflect on the kind of advice she'd give. I'd also completely forgotten about the one captive Goblin the woman would have to conveniently take that revenge on.
jjj
On the other hand though, I also actually used the Necromancy of Thay book this time, so free Speak with Dead, and got the quest to speak to Priestess Gut out of that Goblin that way anyway.
Understandable - but as I mentioned, I'm resisting the Urge, and in fact getting that tiefling to calm down is explicitly a resist moment

I will say there's an unlimited-use Speak With Ddead amulet very early on if that was your main reason for engaging with the book.

Yup. It'd be one thing if it was a trained healer with years of experience and clerical magic they can use to patch you up offering to do something like that, but considering Volo's response to asking if he's ever done this before is "I've thought about doing it often," trusting him with it is pretty clearly asking for a Darwin Award.
Eh, I had my Darwin Revoker standing 15 feet away