View Single Post

Thread: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Hadn't twigged to the fact she was in melee... it has been something of a week here....

Failing dealing with Shriek, Arl would have "made sure" about Trask and his damned hand cannon...

Thank you!

Edit: Arl still has a half action -- what it would be probably depend on what happens to Trask.
    Noted. I figured Arl wouldn't have been that incautious. I will resolve the attack roll against trask. It looks like Stunned gives a +20 to your attack, though he can still attempt to dodge as far as I can tell from the rules. So rolling (1d100)[31](31)

EDIT: While Trask would have barely dodged, I turned the page and read the description on 200 and in fact, he can't take a dodge action. Goodbye Trask.

Apologies, I keep forgetting that that was the fettered method. I'll make sure to remember it for next time! For future references and confirmation, she's can automatically cast anything with a PT of 8 (2 Psy Rating + 5 willpower + 1 psy Focus = 8), is this correct?
    Unfortunately, as far as we discussed, and as far as I can tell from any rule, there is no bonus from your WP, having just cross referenced the Rogue Trader book (though let me know if I am missing something). They describe your active psy rating, which I believe would factor in your psy focus, so it would (psy rating 4 + 1 psy focus)/2= 2.5 rounded up to 3. Again the idea of a fettered power was introduced in Rogue Trader, where the Navigators are at baseline already pretty powerful. That's my understanding anyways.

I'll admit I had not cross referenced the Errata. Noted.

Apologies for being a bit of a pain and slowing the scene down constantly with Marcs brain stuff. I hope her saving the group from the bomb and heavy stubber are acceptable apology offerings lol.
    No apologies necessary. I am the one repeatedly slowing things down, and paused things to confirm with both you and Wynde. Unfortunately, combat can be pretty slow to run on PBP; which is why I try not to go as heavy on it as in a classic DH game... and was not intending for this to be a combat scene.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-08 at 05:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)