View Single Post

Thread: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I'd suggest finding a way to take the old threshold into account. Something like for every 5 points the power's threshold goes above 10, you take a -10 on your number to hit for the WP test. Then for overbleed, 5 points of overbleed would be beating your TN by 10.

So for this last power, Marcella would have a -15 to her TN going from 80 to 75. She rolls a 7, which would be like a traditional overbleed of 30, giving her a total of 4 shards. She still rolled well, and gets a lot out of the power, but is harder to activate, and she doesn't way over activate the power.
    I'm cool with that as an implementation.

I think one of the main impetus behind using the Rogue Trader system was how easy it was to generate Warp Phenomena. Roll a single 9 and the party is in trouble, and for a bit there she was rolling them constantly. So in the current method we're using, there's still 1/10 chance of a
    Warp Phenomena, rather than 1/10 chance per die.

I'm fine with the cap proposed. Keeps Warp Nasty at 1/10 chance, she's still useful to the party and isn't a liability.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-28 at 06:43 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger