View Single Post

Thread: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

So fellows, just having a bit of a think of the potentially very lethal situation, just an idea for a plan:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Drimmle is looking tired af. I've seen girls leaving the clubs at 4am without a partner that look better than this guy. Big bags under his eyes, gaunt and frail etc the guy has been stressed the f out. Is this because he's worried about Durchiss finding out? Or because he's been pulling extra shifts to please him? Or because he's been exposed to those weapons Raiders of the Lost Ark style? Who knows, but he's clearly lucid and level-headed enough to plan all this and wait patiently or our return.

My guess is we scared the bajesus out of him last time (we did suffer that 'exposed to demons' warp phenomenon), and he's been terrified of our return and its taken this physical toll on him. That thing around his neck (the hexo ward) is stupidly expensive, because you either have to find one or know someone who can craft it for you (either a psyker, and fat chance because Marc knows all the Psykers in the Hive, or an Adeptus Mechanicus), not to mention the security he's hired and rigging his own house with bombs. He has gone to enormous cost.

My guess is also that he doesn't want to kill us. Well, maybe he does, but he has had a couple of chances to do so. He could've rigged the security tunnel to close and flood with gas. He could've been in his security room, waited for us to enter the antechamber through the front door and blew us up etc the fact he's here, in person, means he's at least open to talking, or is going to try and capture us. Or, he could be stalling for time and waiting for his recovered goons to arrive. There are many possibilities.

2. We need to get out from under the explosives. Now, let's assume that there are explosives. He personally came down here to greet us and stand near the blast radius of bombs lining a high ceiling. Either he's incredibly reckless, or he's never seen an explosion before and hasn't' experienced the g-forces and shrapnel that they throw out. I know I know, by the rules, in game, it's jsut xD10 affecting those within x meters etc but I'm trying to think 'real worldy' here lol. So it's possible it's just a ruse, but it's safer to assume it's not.

In that case, getting out from that blast radius (which is where we're standing) is #1 priority. That is 80% of his deterrent.

3. The big guy with the heavy stubber. Heavy stubbers are basically like MG42's or squad support weapons. The big guy standing there with one aimed at us is terrifying, but there's five of us, a few with really high initiative modifiers (Arl lol), so once we're out of the blast radius, he's the number 1 target, as we want to take Drimmle alive.

So...plan.

Like I said, I think we're better off trying to talk him down initially. If he wanted to kill us, we'd be dead already (or severely crippled). So we try to talk him down while getting ready to get out of that blast radius. We don't know whether he's actually turned traitor against us yet - this could all be his precautions, after all.

If that fails, then...maybe Marc uses Weapon Jinx to neutralise the bombs in the ceiling (they'd have a mechanical means of being remote detonated, they need to receive radio signals of some sort from that remote detonator he's holding, and they're unattended weapons so he'd have to access to them to "unjam" the detonating mechanism which involves physically getting up into the ceiling to work on them, is my current working assumption). However, when she does that, the lights etc are going to go out for 6 seconds or so (1 round) and all the signs that "the witch" is using her powers, and Drimmle will probably get his man to open fire on us then; hopefully by then we can all draw and neutralise the big guy before we all get turned into hamburger meat.

Or Marc can just try to Dominate Drimmle and hope I roll well enough to get the bonuses to willpower to overcome his natural will + his hexo ward, while you guys deal with the big stubber guy who's doubtless been told to open fire if Drimmle starts acting funny.

And that's just my thoughts on it fellows, thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-21 at 03:52 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger