Karl drives the stake down into Saul's chest, even as his near-headless body fumbles about on the floor. There is a deep wheeze and the sound of cracking ribs. A shock runs up Karl's arm as the metal tipped stake halts about four inches deep in the Kindred's chest wall. But even so, Saul's arms grasp blindly up at Karl, fumbling to drive him back and remove the penetrating weapon.

(OOC: Karl does 2 bashing. Not enough to drive Saul into torpor).

Saul pull's one hand up to his flopping head, and grabs a fist full of thinning hair. With a twist, the vampire rights the position of his head over his neck, to look up at Karl. He opens his mouth to speak, but with an unattached windpipe, nothing comes out as he mouths furiously. The Carthian begins to struggle to his feet, using the other hand for balance. But Anna moves from the Prince, her sword singing in a blur as she plunges the jain into Saul's belly. Saul crumples into a ball, folding in a rigid, mechanical manner.

(OOC: Anna activates celerity to act first, and manages a hit. She does not waste WP here. She drops him into torpor and she is now down to 2/10 vitae)

She left her weapon in the downed Kindred and held her empty hand up to Reggie. With her other hand, she started audio recording.

“Good evening Reggie Fort, Prince of Oakland,” she said as she glanced to Gabe, “Yes, I am Anna, of D’Agnostino’s hounds. I believe we may have a common enemy, as it was through the actions of Nova that we found ourselves hidden in this house, with you. May I ask why you are here?”

Anna figured he was an elder. He would try to turn the situation to his advantage. If he threw Nova under the bus here, d’agnostino would almost certainly call for her execution. What’s one Carthian in a neighboring territory to avoid a costly war?
The Prince makes no sudden actions, even with Anna "disarmed". He keeps his eyes averted, a smug sneer curled on his lips. "If you are D'Agostnino's hounds, doesn't that make you the Sherriff's hounds as well?" He asks coolly, keeping his hands held up as if in submission. Fort casts his gaze down on the the now torpid Saul, folded rigid in a bug-like fetal position. With a casual shrug he adds, "And I think that since you have broken into this man's Haven, I should ask you, why you are here."

Nearby, Rachel pulls her knife on the Ghoul, who's gaze is fixated on The Prince of Oakland. The man's eyes are wide with fear, and seeing their defeat, ceases his attempt to rise.